.

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Critical Reflection Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words - 1

Critical Reflection - Essay ExampleMore importantly, the book showed me that it is possible that it was not all me to blame, and gave me a sense of hope that other students feeling this vogue now, can be helped more than I was. Rose looks at the foundations of such feelings, starting from the effects of labeling children The designation remedial has powerful implications in development to be remedial is to be substandard, inadequate (Rose, 1989, p. 209), and I recognized my own sense of myself, throughout school, in this.When teachers publicly separated me from the rest of my classmates, with good intentions, I am sure, because of the reading difficulty I have, it was devastating. As a Third Grader, my need to belong to the group was great, and the challenges I experienced were not only with the learning difficulty, but equally significantly, with the teachers and other childrens perception that I was different. I internalized their view of me and became unconfident and negative rise up-nigh myself and my abilities.At school, my classmates called me names, and I was no longer a cool friend. At home, my mother was supportive, but I could not get away from the feeling that I was disappointing her, because I could not so well at school. This isolation is another aspect of my life that I identified with in Roses book a boy Harold writes I am lost in the woods. I cannot find my way out. I yell and yell. No one answered me. I climbed a tree then I spend out of the tree and broke my arm (Rose, 1989, p. 119). While my situation was perhaps not as braggy as Harolds, I did see many of my classmates, struggling more than I did, even more discriminate from the mainstream. Mike Rose realized that this boy was a lonely child, feeling rejected, and that it was these feelings, more than the boys learning challenges that caused him to not be able to perform well academically. This is

No comments:

Post a Comment