.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Malicious Vengeance: The Ghastly Acts of Murder Essay examples -- essa

Malicious r even offge The Ghastly Acts of MurderBoth Edgar Allen Poes misfortunate recital, The Cast of Amontillado, and Louise Erdrichs essay, Fleur, keep prominent themes nigh revenge, Poe center on the issue of Revenge, whereas Erdrich focused more than on the events leading up to the horrific act.Poes small story of revenge discusses how the main character, Montresor, abuses the victims trust to finally kill him. The story starts out with the victim, Fortunato, and the avenger, Montresor, joking and drinking merrily eon walking through a carnival together. Then, Montresor lies to Fortunato about having a idealistic wine, in a hidden location, that he would love to share with him. Fortunato, an desirous wine connoisseur, is pleased to follow him due to his drunkenness, and besides for the chance to sagaciousness such an exquisite wine.By this time, Fortunato is so drunk and trusting of Montresor that he blindly follows Montresor deep into the back of a catacomb. D uring their journey Montresor gives Fortunato plenty of chances to bring around Montresor tells his victim at one point we will go back your health is precious. You are rich, respected, admired, beloved you are happy, as in one case I was. You are a man to be missed. (Poe 1316) Upon reaching the decease of the cavern, Montresor does not explain himself, and does not gift his enemy with a bottle of wine, and instead sentences him to a slow and horrific death.In his short story, Poe describes the act of revenge almost as a dark aberration that plagues the main character. Montresors madness is shown when he goes from friend to foe. He gives the painting that he is worried about Fortunatos health at first, but towards the end exhausts satisfaction in hearing the cries of his helpless victim. Montresor even told the listeners of his story I ceased my labors and sat down upon the bones. When at last the clanking subsided, I resumed the trowel, and finished without interruption. (Po e 1318)Poe views the act of vengeance as a solemn, sinister, and deranged hammer of hatred. I hold this to be true because he portrays an image where the bloody avenger can look into the victims eyes part burying him alive behind a wall of brick and mortar. Montresor can also continuously hear the furious vibrations of the chain. (Poe 1318) After finally... ...ble by any means. I believe that nature will act upon the eye for an eye tactile sensation by its self without me interfering. I also think that if I take my revenge on a person, or group of people, I will also suffer bad karma from nature. I believe that revenge comes from hatred, and alimentation with an excess of hatred throws off ones balance in life, like the ying-yang idea. Even though I disagree with acts of revenge, I put away battle with those undesirable thought. Just today, November 2, 2004, my car was stolen while in culture class, and I would love to meet the people that stole it. I have thoughts racing th rough my head about how much I would do it making that person, or group of people suffer. I am so angry I even have thoughts of inflicting pain to anyone that just looks at me wrong. Even though I am very angry about what this person has done to me, I would not do anything outside of my moral and ethical point-of-view to that particular person. Poes and Erdrichs story styles were very different, even though both stories accomplished the same goal of showing the act of murderous revenge. I enjoyed Poes story of horror much more then the tame story of revenge that Erdrich showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment