Monday, March 18, 2019

Barbados :: essays research papers

BarbadosBarbados is a small landed estate rigid in the Caribbean Sea. The capital isBridgetown with a population of roughly 8,789. The guide on of state of Barbados isQueen Elizabeth II and she is represented by General dolly Nita Barrow. Thetotal population of the country is around 252,000. The briny language is Englishand the predominant religion is Christianity. Their date of independence wasNovember 30, 1966.Barbados is the eastern most Caribbean Island. It is about 200 milesNorth-North East of Trinidad and about 100 miles East-South East of St. Lucia.It is the second smallest country in the Western Hemisphere. The major urbancenters in the area take on Bridgetown, Speightstown, Oistins, and Holetown.The land is mainly flat except for a series of ridges that wind up to about1,000 feet and then falling towards the sea.The climate of the region consists of tropic temperatures influenced bythe Northeast trade winds. The average yearbook temperature is approximately 77degre es Fahrenheit. The daily temperatures rarely get above 90 degreesFahrenheit. The dry temper is cool, while the wet season is slightly warmer.The main rains come during the months of July, August, folk, October, andNovember. The annual average rainfall is 40 inches in the coastal areas and 90inches in the central areas.The net migration into Barbados is 4.82 per 1000. The annual growth rateis 0.4%, which is one of the utmost in the world. The annual birthrate is 15.45per 1000, and the annual deathrate is 8.27 per 1000. Barbados ranks fourth inthe World in population density with the overall density existence 1526 per squaremile. The whole island is inhabited, leaving no sparsely populated areas. Themain race is Negro, which is about 92% of the population. The remainder of thepopulation is consists of Whites (3.8%), Mulattoes (3.8%), and East Indians(0.4%). well-nigh 70% of the population is Anglican. The other 30% belong tovarious denominations such(prenominal) as Moravian, Metho dist, and Roman Catholic.Barbados was once under British control from 1624. Its home of Assembly,which began in 1639, is the third oldest legislative body in the WesternHemisphere. By the time Britain left in 1966, the island was completely Englishin culture. The British influence is still seen today in quaint pubs, cricketgames on the village greens, and in the common law.Barbados government is British Parliament. The queen is the degree of stateand she is represented by the governor general. The governor general appointsan informative council. The executive authority is the Prime Minister who is OwenSeymour Arthur which came into power on September 6, 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment